Johnny Depp as War Photographer in Independent Drama ‘Minamata’
Hollywood star Johnny Depp to play the role of a war photographer in the independent drama film ‘Minamata‘.
The film Minamata is directed by Andrew Levitas, the movie is based on a book written by W.Eugene Smith who is a real war photographer. the story of the film is totally based on Smith’s work as a photographer in exposing the poisoning of the people in Minamata, Japan.
Johnny Depp is going to play the character of Smith in this film and the entire story will be centered on him and his exposition of Minamata disease.
The film will start its principal production in Japan followed by Serbia in January.
Working with Johnny Depp to give voice to those people who have been suffering silently is a responsibility and we could not feel more privileged or humbled to be a task of bringing this story to the world” said director Levitas
More info: Minamata is a neurological syndrome caused by severe mercury poisoning, it was first discovered in Minamata city in Kumamoto prefecture, Japan in 1956, It was caused by the release of methylmercury in industrial water and those water were accumulated in shellfish and fish in Minamata Bay, which when eaten by the local people, resulted in Mercury Poisoning.
It continued for nearly 36 years from 1932-19368. Hence the makers are very interested to tell this incredible story to the world and to show how much people have suffered from that disease due to mercury poisoning.
- Good News for Marvel Fans! Disney is Building a Marvel Theme Park
- Disney’s Frozen 2 New Poster Released
- Keanu Reeves to be a part of Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Bollywood Actress in Christopher Nolan’s Next Film
- Minions Sequel: The Rise of Gru release date revealed
- Shailene Woodley Roped in Thriller Film ‘Misanthrope’
- Lion King Official Trailer 2019 | Disney Movies |
- Editor of ‘Hereditary’ Jennifer Lame joins Nolan’s next film?