Johnny Depp as War Photographer in Independent Drama ‘Minamata’
Hollywood star Johnny Depp to play the role of a war photographer in the independent drama film ‘Minamata‘.
The film Minamata is directed by Andrew Levitas, the movie is based on a book written by W.Eugene Smith who is a real war photographer. the story of the film is totally based on Smith’s work as a photographer in exposing the poisoning of the people in Minamata, Japan.
Johnny Depp is going to play the character of Smith in this film and the entire story will be centered on him and his exposition of Minamata disease.
The film will start its principal production in Japan followed by Serbia in January.
Working with Johnny Depp to give voice to those people who have been suffering silently is a responsibility and we could not feel more privileged or humbled to be a task of bringing this story to the world” said director Levitas
More info: Minamata is a neurological syndrome caused by severe mercury poisoning, it was first discovered in Minamata city in Kumamoto prefecture, Japan in 1956, It was caused by the release of methylmercury in industrial water and those water were accumulated in shellfish and fish in Minamata Bay, which when eaten by the local people, resulted in Mercury Poisoning.
It continued for nearly 36 years from 1932-19368. Hence the makers are very interested to tell this incredible story to the world and to show how much people have suffered from that disease due to mercury poisoning.
- Frozen 2 Official Teaser Trailer Out Now | Walt Disney |
- James Cameron’s Alita Battle Angel to release in India first
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Official Trailer Out Now
- Margot Robbie as Barbie in Live Action Film
- Hotel Mumbai Official Teaser Trailer
- Michael Pena’s ‘Fantasy Island’ release date is revealed
- ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ release date in India?
- Julia Robert Starrer Ben Is Back India Release Date is Announced